Thursday, March 15, 2012

Flo-Rida Baby!!!

I just came back from a quite relaxing vacation.

I bet you're jeal.

And you should be. But only to a certain extent.
It's the last one we are taking before our little Baby Bliss arrives.

Oh yeah, I probably forgot to mention that we found out a few weeks ago that we are having a girl!

I put an exclamation after that because it definitely holds all the emotions that come with using an exclamation in a sentence.

Joy. Excitement. Disbelief.

Andy and I were both pretty sure we were going to have a boy so once the doctor announced it was a girl, we both got those wide disbelieving eyes with mouths gaping wide open.

But after the initial shock and prodding of the doctor to go over the ultrasound one more time for an extra confirmation, we woke up the next morning super ecstatic.

Don't get me wrong. I want a girl. I just honestly didn't think I would have a girl before having a boy. That's all. So don't judge.

Now we are all "Blissy Boo" this and "Blissy Boo" that. (It's our nickname for her while in the womb).

And, yes, we are naming her Bliss. I got it from a book I read. Surprised?

You shouldn't be if you read my blog.

Anywho, I'm sure I'll be blogging more and more about her and my pregnancy, so I think it's time we moved on to the main reason of this post.

Florida.

Andy and I set out to use the last 2 airline tickets I acquired while working for an interior design firm that had me traveling like a socialite. 

Naturally, I am adamant about using anything free to it's fullest potential. And since my older brother, Adam, lives in Clearwater, Florida, what better excuse to go on vacation when you have free airline tickets and free lodging???

And it just so happens that my doctor said this month would be a perfect time to take a "babymoon", since I will be feeling at my best during this month in particular. And he couldn't be more right. I feel as close to normal as I've ever been since being pregnant.

So off we went!!!

ABOVE: (Andy is so not going to be happy with this photo but I figure we are both laughing, and this IS my blog, hee hee)

ABOVE: A little airport food, which was pretty good!!!



ABOVE: Took a road trip to the Everglades and of course we had to stop for our car staple: Starbucks!!!
 
P.S. I have a video on my personal YouTube channel showing the airboat tour we took in the Everglades, if you are interested in seeing more than these pictures...

 ABOVE: A photo of my brother, Adam, and his girlfriend, Sylvia, walking to the Florida Strawberry Festival





ABOVE: Dinner at Smokey Bones Restaurant after the festival. Some delicious food!!!!!!!




 ABOVE: My brother being ridiculous saying he's giving Sylvia his "metro" pose.

ABOVE: We were at a Spring Training Game for the Philadelphia Phillies in Clearwater. It was hot but worth the time and memories. 

 ABOVE: We decided to cool off after the game at a less populated beach, Indian Rocks Beach.
 ABOVE: It looked like a storm was coming our way but it was actually just passing over the ocean only, which was a pretty cool view for us.
 ABOVE: Andy captured a glimpse of my 5 1/2 month baby bump.



ABOVE: Getting our lovin' on... : )

 ABOVE: Headed to eat dinner at Palm Pavilion on Clearwater Beach. Good fish & chips!



 ABOVE: On our last day in Florida we ate at Anna Stella's Cajun Bistro in St. Petersburg Pier. This was by far the best food I ate on the entire trip! Shrimp Po'Boy and some French Beignets...Yum!

ABOVE: The four of us relaxing
 
 ABOVE: Us being silly at the airport waiting for our luggage.

And so that is it folks!!! The weather was really nice, ( high 70's to low 80's), hardly any humidity, no bugs and no rain.

The next thing we'll probably be going on before Bliss arrives is a camping trip to Big Bear. I'll be about 7 months at that point, so we'll see how that goes!!!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment