Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Blogging and Beauty Swapping

Easter was fun and memorable. Really good times.

And of course, I didn't take one picture.

Am I losing it or what?

I take my camera and I have some pretty cool camera apps on my phone, but yet I keep failing time and again to record or capture photos.

(sigh)

I totally blame pregnancy. And the fatigue and forgetfulness that comes with it.
 
 
Anywho... So recently I did this really cool thing called a Beauty Swap with another fellow YouTube beauty guru named Emily.
 
I believe I mentioned this in my last post.
 
But I finally got my package from her last week on Wednesday and filmed then posted the video on Saturday.
 
Let me tell you this was such a fun experience. Shopping for someone knowing that they are doing the very same thing for you is kind of more fun than say... Christmas.

Yup, I dare say that something is more fun than Christmas itself.

Maybe it's because with this beauty swap, we had a set budget (don't go over or under) and we knew that we were getting beauty products in general just not which ones.

What's not fun about that?

With Christmas, it's fun to shop for people but then there's always that bugging feeling that you might be spending too much on someone or too little and you could literally get them ANYTHING and vice versa.

And let's face it, people rarely have the same taste in gifts as you do. So there's always a 50/50 chance you will be disappointed.

With a beauty swap, you know that what you are spending on this person is being spent on you. 
So you are literally buying yourself stuff. 
And the fact that you know it's beauty related makes it even easier to be satisfied with what you receive.

What's not to love?







As you can see, Emily packaged the makeup so beautifully. It was so much fun just unwrapping the stuff!

For those of you busy bodies... our budget was $40 and we decided to steer clear of face products that needed to be color matched to our skin (foundations, finishing powders, concealers, etc... duh).

We didn't give each other a list of items we wanted (some other people on YT have done that) because - really -  what would be the point of telling each other what we wanted.
I might as well go out and get it myself and say she bought it for me.

We did give each other tips on colors that we are currently into and colors that we didn't think go very well with our skin. That totally helped out.

Other than that, it was a free for all. And I know I was not disappointed and she didn't seem like she was either.

And to top it all off, I can say that I have made a new friend in the YouTube beauty community (that lives a few states away and whom I've never met in person).

Pretty cool.

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment