Thursday, April 5, 2012

Post Birthday Update

Today I am back at work. 
But yesterday and Tuesday, I was off and for good reason.

It was not only my 29th birthday but also Andy's 29th birthday AND our 8 year wedding anniversary.

Yeah, three events within 2 days time.

If you read my past post you'll know how all that works out to be together they way they are.

Anywho, to my dismay, Andy was not able to get off either of those days because of the time he took off for us to go to Florida. (Working on your birthday???? I know, absolutely ludicrous!)

I still took my days off.

Hey, they were paid days off that I'd have to use between now and mid June (when I start my permanent maternity leave) and I don't foresee any other events happening within that time to save these hours for.

So basically I had 2 days off to celebrate our birthdays and anniversary. And I basically either spent it alone or with people other than Andy! 
ha

Pretty much the story of my life.

I still went and got my prenatal massage that was scheduled and since Andy couldn't make it and it was too late to re-schedule, I decided to bring my mom along to take Andy's place.
'How mean!!!' you say.
Umm, not really.
Andy knew the massages were scheduled and non-refundable.
Not my fault.
Moving on...

So then after the massags we decided to keep the good detox going and went to this place in San Juan Capistrano called The Hot Lunch Lady.

'The hot lunch lady? Geez, she better be a stunna to choose a name as bold as that!'

But it's actually The HOT LUNCH lady. Meaning she serves hot lunches, not that she considers herself to be above the typical school cafeteria lunch lady most adolescent boys drool over.

Staying on track: The food was reallly good! Very light and fresh but filling. Yum!

ABOVE: Apple Cranberry Salad with half a California wrap
 
And obviously we didn't go with any hot items, it just wasn't the time for that. 

For the rest of Andy's birthday/Our wedding anniversary I spent relaxing at home. I thought we were going to head over to Downtown Disney to use up a Groupon voucher to Johnny Rockets and walk around but Andy was really stressed and tired from work so we just stayed home.
Poor me Andy.

So the following day (MY birthday - woop woop!) I once again had the day to myself.
This time my friend since elementary school texted me and asked if we could meet up for lunch to celebrate my birthday. 
Of course I obliged my busy birthday day to fit her in (pff, yeah right) and we met up at P.F.Chang's in the Irvine Spectrum.

ABOVE: My preggo self with my friend, Mistica, whom I've known since 3rd grade(!) and her adorable daughter, Priscilla.

It was really nice catching up with her.
After departing ways with her I then proceeded to debate whether I should head to Sephora and redeem a free birthday gift that looks promising but decided that I wasn't in the mood to peruse for high end makeup. (what??? I know) 
I just wasn't in the mood to stare at all the high end prices that come with that kind of makeup.

So back home I went to wait for Andy.

Thankfully, he came home in a lighter mood and wanted to go eat at - where else folks? - The Boiling Crab!!!


So off we went and, never one to disappoint, the Boiling Crab was delish!

And that, my little friends, is the summary of my uber exciting 2 days off.
Not exactly what I had in mind, as I LOVE birthdays, but it'll have to do.

And we did go to Florida less than a month ago, so I really cannot complain.

Life could be worse.

They could've closed down the Boiling Crab!!! (horror movie scream)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment