Thursday, April 12, 2012

It's all about Bliss

Today I just finished creating a baby registry.

I can't believe how much fun it is.

And how expensive!

My plan is to register as little as possible but just enough to give ideas for those who might be stuck on what to buy me or just LOVE using registries.

But I highly doubt anyone ever has trouble choosing a baby gift. Usually it's blankets and clothes to their liking, right?

At least, that's how I shop for baby showers.

And now that I am on the other side of the story for this, I'm realizing how much I really hope people aren't like me and just buy whatever suits their fancy.

But I won't hold my breath on that one.

So I decided I am going to wait until after my baby shower (May 19th) to see what I get and then go on my own shopping spree to buy whatever is needed.

But that's more than a month away. Might as well be a year from now for someone like me who loves to plan WAY ahead of time.

 Andy and I for sure decided we will have to get the car seat, stroller, and play yard BRAND NEW. Basically, the most expensive items you can buy, is what we decided to buy new. Ugh.
I mean, I am all for saving a few bucks here and there but not on something that's going to hold my very real very human baby.

Plus, I've heard that baby items get recalled all the time. So why take a chance that what I'm buying from Mrs. Jones for half off the list price is not because her little Joey has outgrown it but because she can't stand the thought of trashing a semi-new item that has been recalled?

Yeah, thanks, Mrs. Jones.

So I'm budgeting about $400 for those 3 items. And, thankfully, places like Babies R Us have a layaway so I plan on zipping right over there the day after my shower and putting those things on layaway (should I not receive those as gifts).

I bet you're laughing really hard right now, huh?

A girl can dream, you know.

And FYI I am one of those girls who will not be buying a stroller/car seat/play yard with pink on it. It's going to be completely neutral so that Andy will have no qualms about using it. Cuz everyone knows that I expect and will demand Andy to be just as involved in taking care of Bliss as I will (with the exception of when he's at work and I'm at home).

We've already gone over the whole "responsibilities" part of raising our child. And it's pretty simple. You work in an office, I work at home taking care of Bliss. The moment you walk in the door, taking care of Bliss becomes 50/50 between the two of us.

And he agreed. I mean, he really didn't have a choice.

I just don't understand the logic of how men can go work for 9-10 hours a day 5 days a week and come home thinking their day of work is over just because they actually spent half a day somewhere outside of the home. Like that makes it "real" work or something. Meanwhile, the woman is basically working 24 hours a day 7 days a week but it isn't really "working" because she is at home. Is that fair? 
Umm, no.

Just because you have the title "Stay at home" doesn't mean you aren't working hard.

So, I am fortunate enough to be married to a man who sees the sense in this and agrees that once he walks in the door, it's all about him and I tag teaming to take care of Bliss.

Gosh, for me meaning only to talk about my baby registry, this has really gotten off track.

Focus...

ABOVE: So this is basically what I'm going to be getting. Neutral enough for a man, yes?

And plus, Andy loves to run, and has said that he plans on taking Bliss out on his runs. Which I think is super sweet considering that most guys would probably use running as a way to get away from the baby and not use it to include the baby.

Yeah, I'm blessed.

Also, another thing we are getting is a play yard in lieu of a crib. What???
It's because we are basically living in a studio right now so Bliss will not have her own room for the time being. (Yeah, not ideal for us)

So instead of using up so much room for a crib we decided that a play yard would suffice.
And to be quite honest, I think it's not only going to be a great space saver but also ingenious on our part.

If you haven't seen them recently, play yards are pretty impressive. They are building them all multifunctional (what isn't). They come with a bassinet, changing table and storage for diapers and wipes. 

The bassinet is obviously removable and to make the bottom a "crib" we are going to buy a foam/memory mattress to make the bottom a little more comfortable for Bliss to sleep in on a regular basis.

And the best part of all is it could also be taken with us if we travel (in a car) so hopefully Bliss will be able to sleep easier should we be out still and she gets tired. I have heard stories of kids needing to be in their usual or comfort zone in order to sleep normal.

A win win situation, yes?

ABOVE: Something similar to this is what we are going for. It'll match our bedroom decor perfectly.

And that is all folks!!! The highlight of my week thus far and you are getting first dibs in on it!

You are blessed, if I don't say so myself.

Until next time...





No comments:

Post a Comment